WATER SCRUM FALL
Some teams or projects work great using the Waterfall method which is a time constraints approach to project management, but for others, a more flexible approach, with no time attached to their work schedule or otherwise a Scrum approach, works better. This model follows new trends in a business where corporations need the flexibility to create tasks that are time-dependent and also create others that are not time-dependent.
Cloud Coach now gives you the ability to create individual tasks, either to create tasks for Kanban or Waterfall style projects, or you can create Phases with regular waterfall project tasks.
Create a water scrum fall project
To create a brand new Water Scrum Fall project follow these next steps:
- Navigate to the Projects tab.
- Select New Project.
- Choose the desired Record Type and click Next.
- Click Create new Project.
- Select Water-Scrum-Fall.
- Fill out the project’s detail form.
- Click Save.
Add a Task or Phase
- On the Timelines tab click the Add Task button. This will take you to a new modal window form with a few more flexible features than previous releases, for example:
- Project Phase: select which phase of the project you wish to add this new task under
- Work Type: select the work type the task is going to perform
- Board Process: this is a flexible field that allows you to add Kanban cards based on a Board Process you wish to utilize in this project task.
Note: This field is not required. If you wish to add a plain old waterfall task, this field is left alone completely.
- Alternatively, click on the Add Phase button to add new project phases or from a Templated project.
- Create New Phase: if you select this choice you will be directed to add the new phase and add tasks to that phase. The difference now is that you are just going to create a single new phase instead of multiple phases.
- Create from Template: Enter the name of a project with a phase you wish to emulate and pick which phases you want to clone.
A new feature that was introduced in the new project concept is the Kanban symbol that identifies all the Kanban related project tasks. Whether you are in the Timeline’s Gantt, List View or Phase View subtabs, you can identify which task is a Kanban task and access those Kanban tasks by clicking on the Kaban symbol.
In the Gantt tab, the Kanban tasks have a cylindrical shaped bar that can be moved to adjust the Start Date as well as be assigned a dependency with other tasks.