Goals and Requirements is a tab on the Projects app that allows users to capture Goals (and the value they deliver) at the project level. Users can also capture Requirements for the project and link them to Goals with a star rating to designate the level of impact.
Users can also link Project Tasks and Cards to Requirements for end to end goal to delivery.
- Summary View: This tab allows users to create new Goals and visualize their progress.
- Add Goal: This button allows the user to create a new goal and designate it with a name, description, and Primary Value Type (picklist available for configuration on the Goals object). The field set ‘Goal Details’ controls what displays in the creation wizard and is configurable on the Goal object by an administrator.
- Visualization: Goals are visualized as cards (defaulted open), and show the completion percent of any Requirements that have been linked to them.
- Completion percentage: Shows the completion percentage of the Requirements linked to that Goal by star rating. Once a Requirement is Fulfilled (more details in Requirements section), it will count as complete and drive the overall Goal completion %.
- Side panel: If a user clicks on the name of the Goal a side panel will open. The field set ‘Side Panel’ on the Goal object controls what is displayed in the side panel.
Requirements by goal
- Requirements by Goal sub tab.
- Lists all Requirements.
- Filter requirements by Any Rating (by Stars) and All Goals.
- Add New Requirement: This button allows the user to create a new Requirement. Users can choose to link it to a parent Requirement Area as well as a Goal (not field set controlled).
- Requirement Areas:
- Creation: The left panel shows users Requirements and/or Requirements Areas that have been created. To create a new Requirement Area, users can select the “+” icon at the top of the left side panel.
- Hierarchy: Once a Requirement Area has been created, users can choose to create additional area and establish a hierarchy. When hovering over a Requirement Area the option to delete or to add additional areas will appear (X for deletion, + for adding new areas). Users can choose to create a Requirement hierarchy up to three levels.
- Number Badge: If a requirement is linked to a Requirement Area, the area will show a circle badge with the number of requirements that are in that specific area.
3. Star Rating: Requirements can be rated with a star rating by clicking on the star field (Rating) in the requirements list. If a requirement is set with a star rating and linked to a goal, the Goal will automatically show completion % grouped by that rating.