Every project is different, and creating templates helps ease the repetitiveness of the project creation process. They help streamline efficiency and capitalize on lessons learned to improve project outcomes. Templates in Cloud Coach are commonly used to create projects, but can also be used to add phases. We have created an Apex class that will allow for a phase to be cloned and added to an existing project.
Now, Cloud Coach has a cool new feature that allows users to clone Phases automatically without having to create any automation processes.
clone a phase
- Choose the project that has the Project Tasks or Phases that you want to clone.
- Navigate to the Projects tab.
- Click the Summary Tab.
- Go to the bottom of the detail page and check the Project Template checkbox.
- Go to the Project Timeline tab.
- Click the Add Phase button.
- Select Create from Template.
- Type the name of the project in the Search Bar.
- Choose the Phases that contain the Project Tasks that you need.